Sunday, May 13, 2007

Outsourced Tech Support

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech.html

OMG! This is sooooo true! Every other time I call charter I get some guy with a heavy indian accent whom I cannot understand and whom does not understand me!!! WHYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!? I called the other day because we had not gotten our cable modem and our current ISP was gonna be disconnected the day I called. I got some foreign shit who was trying to tell me that someone was coming to install it that friday. I told him we ordered a self installation kit...he said yes ma'am installation will be here on friday. (!!!!!!!!!!) He did not understand what I was saying!!!!
I hung up and called again...finally got an American to speak to who knew exactly what I was saying and ordered a modem to be delivered by next-day UPS. What was so hard about that?

You live in an English speaking country, don't yeah think it would be prudent to learn and fully UNDERSTAND the native language before you come here in the first damned place? And what is up with employers hiring these non-english understanding peoples! It ought to be a requirement to speak and understand the native tongue!!!! Cripes!

Rant-rant-rant.

2 comments:

Jen said...

de-lurking...

After recent dealings with customer service for a credit card company... I agree!

MaryBeth said...

Because you ARE calling India!!!

It is called Outsourcing :( Those jobs ARE in India now!

hugs
MaryBeth